Henry Li from Blue Heron Arts shows how to carve a tiger design stamp onto a pottery seal for use with Chinese seal engraving. This technique shows how a pottery seal can be made without having to use a kiln. You will need a pen, pencil, marker, charcoal, knives, and soapstone. The first thing that needs to be done is to create a design. In this tutorial, Li uses a Hahn Dynasty tiger design, which must be flipped by using the computer. The charcoal is then used to duplicate the image onto the stone seal. Once the image is transferred, the marker can be used to fill in the white space and darken it. You can then use this darkened image as a guide to carve the image into the stone. Once the image is fully carved, dip the seal into a stamp pad to test out your new seal. Sandpaper can be used to round the edges of the seal.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades